Saturday, May 9, 2020

A Random 60's Playlist

A little playlist from the 60's. Yes the 1960's. Most of these songs I would hear late at night listening to the radio while the rest of the house slept. This is where my interest in music really began. AM radio hits mostly. Soon to discover the FM dial.
  • Gary Puckett and the Union Gap - Young Girl
  • Otis Redding - Sittin' On the Dock of the Bay 
  • Phil Ochs - Outside of a Small Circle of Friends
  • Guess Who - These Eyes ….. This song is counter balanced by their song, 'Friends of Mine.' If not familiar, give it a listen sometime. 
  • Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
  • Arthur Alexander - Anna (Go To Him) ….. The Beatles also recorded this song. I first heard it on the television program, 'Married With Children' as a song Al keeps hearing on the radio, that he loves from his youth but doesn't know the title.
  • Eric Burdon and the Animals - San Francisco Nights ….. Introduced through the older brother of a friend, who was my first record collecting mentor.
  • The Mindbendes - A Groovy Kind of Love
  • The Foundations - Baby Now That I've Found You ….. This still gives me 'chills' that bring back the feelings of those times listening to the radio. Actually most of these songs do to a certain extent but none quite like this.
  • Neil Diamond - Kentucky Woman ….. A few years later as a teenager, I took a lot of good natured grief for being a Neil Diamond fan. It wasn't thought to be cool. What the hell, I didn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...