Sunday, May 31, 2020

Pedro the Lion & Buffalo Tom

'Control' by Pedro the Lion, from 2018. On colored vinyl. If I had to guess, a yellow-ish/gold-ish combination of colors. A sticker on the back of the album calls it "opaque yellow."

Indie Rock

I didn't used to care much for colored vinyl, but I'm becoming a enthusiastic convert in my old age.

I don't know much about the band, being fairly new to their sound. The cover art certainly grabbed my attention initially.





Also listening to a 2019 Record Store Day (One of my favorite holidays) release of the 1989 self titled debut album by Buffalo Tom.

I always arrive late, mid-afternoon, to these annual Record Store Day events as I don't care for the hours standing in long lines and crowds once inside my record store when the doors open in the morning. So I was extremely fortunate to find a copy of this. Though I'm thinking that I may have asked the owner to hold a copy for me under the counter. If true, than an advantage and perk to holding longtime customer status.

On a transparent colored vinyl that could possibly give a case of vertigo if stared at for long periods. Looks as if it's spinning in opposite directions.

More Indie Rock!! Not that there's ever anything wrong with that.

Bonuses!!! .... Inside the gatefold sleeve is a 12" print of the cover art. Inside the gatefold itself are two or three dozen photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...