Sunday, May 10, 2020

Noel Pointer

Noel Pointer is a Jazz violinist. This record titled, 'Phantazia' is from 1977 on the Blue Note label. I put it on the turntable because I wanted to hear the song, 'Night Song.'

It's rare that I recall the exact store where I purchased a particular record from those days, but I found this while digging through the used records bins at Django's Records in Portland, OR. My copy still has the price tag on it ..... $3.25. I still recall the disappointment felt when walking into the same store sometimes in the early 1990's, full of the anticipation and excitement for a vinyl record treasure search and to discover that it had transitioned to all compact discs.

Seemed to me at the time, that should have been an amendment and addition to the list of mortal sins. I eventually got over it but still haven't recovered from the discovery one day that the store had gone out of business.  I've always mourned the loss of record stores. But I digress ..... Thankfully a few lasted and there's been a comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...