Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Joseph Arthur Playlist

I was in a Borders Books & Music on a Saturday night in 1996 or 1997. I recall it being 9:30 in the evening. The local act playing there that evening had just finished up and I wandered over to the compact discs, saw an interesting album cover at a listening station, noticed Peter Gabriel's very distinctive, Real World record label on the cd spine, slipped on the headphones and discovered the music of Joseph Arthur. 

  • Big City Secret ..... The first song heard. I was instantly hooked.
  • Enough to Get Away ..... From his Nuclear Daydream album. I listened to the album repeatedly when it was released in 2006. One of my desert island disc choices.
  • Can't Exist 
  • Even Tho
  • Travel as Equals ..... I love the idea for the official video. Three musicians, short video clips with different poses.
  • Saint of Impossible Causes .... The chorus stays with me.
  • Echo Park
  • Redemption's Son
  • Mercedes .... Another of the songs I heard during that first listening experience.
  • We Began to Dance Again
  • In the Sun
  • When I Was Running Out of Time ..... "You got a painted face and a body made of clay, you are my superstar."
  • A Smile That Explodes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Joseph Arthur Playlist

I was in a Borders Books & Music on a Saturday night in 1996 or 1997. I recall it being 9:30 in the evening. The local act playing there...