Monday, September 23, 2024

Half Century Ago Playlist

What I might have been listening to fifty years ago today, just starting out on my freshman year in college. Very emotional and transitional days in my world ..... 
  • Gregg Allman - Multicolored Lady
  • Bob Dylan - You're a Big Girl Now .... Every song from the record became a classic for me but this one stands apart from the others. 
  • Jackson Browne - Late For the Sky / Walking Slow
  • James Taylor - Mud Slide Slim .... Falling in love for the first time. I'd been listening to this all summer just prior to the Dylan and Browne albums being released.
  • Steely Dan - Rikki Don't Lose That Number
  • Neil Young - Sugar Mountain .... My buddy from grade school and high school had a bootleg version where I first heard the song.
  • Cat Stevens - But I Might Die Tonight
  • Country Joe McDonald - Drug Store Truck Driving Man .... From the Woodstock album. My vinyl collecting mentor introduced me to this tune.
  • Stephen Stills and Manassas - Down the Road
  • The Eagles - Doolin' Dalton
  • Poco - A Good Feeling to Know
  • Stevie Wonder - You Are the Sunshine of My Life
  • Paul McCartney & Wings - Band On the Run .... I didn't become a Beatle fan until much later in life but I loved the Band On the Run album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joseph Arthur Playlist

I was in a Borders Books & Music on a Saturday night in 1996 or 1997. I recall it being 9:30 in the evening. The local act playing there...