Sunday, February 15, 2015

Time Fades Away

My original vinyl from 1973 is scratched to hell. It's never been released on compact disc. You can't even find a used vinyl copy anywhere. A remastered vinyl was supposed to be released on Record Store Day a year or so ago but was called back. Then I heard it was released on the last Record Store Day, Black Friday event a few months ago but my local store received no copies. (Or maybe the owner, since I know he's a big NY fan, kept their copy for himself?) Guess I should have expected that since it was limited to around 3000 copies and not released by itself but as part of a box set of re-issues and likely with a hefty price tag. Supposedly Neil Young hates it.

So I'll just have to continue to be happy with my scratched original vinyl. (At the time, I was still a year or two away from realizing the importance of proper care of one's vinyl treasures. My attitude apparently being that I'll just buy another one.) It was a little different take on the live album concept ..... New songs done in concert!! It trails only Harvest and After The Goldrush as my favorite Neil Young records.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...