Monday, February 16, 2015

Music Choice Blues Playlist

Another late night playlist. Because I've got those, ain't no work in the morning Blues, and late evening is unquestionably the best time to listen to music.

  • Gregg Allman - Floating Bridge
  • Omar Kent Dykes - Man Down There .... A new name for me and one to check into further hence the bold lettering on the title.
  • Jimmy Carpenter - Walk Away .... There's a few notes in the song that sounds like they were possibly borrowed from the song, "Harper Valley PTA." I suppose with all the songs written in the history of time and a definite finite number of musical notes and their combinations to use in songwriting, there might be an occasion or two using the same combination (or close) for a few seconds.
  • Peggy Scott-Adams - Bill .... Should I know who Bill is?
  • John Mayall - Why Did You Go Last Night ..... With accordion that gives the song a bit of Zydeco feeling. One to seek out if not currently in my collection.
  • Sam Cooke - Shake
  • Percy Mayfield - My Jug And I ..... A little repetitive Jazz saxophone line included. Catchy, though I can't place who it reminds of. 
  • Janiva Magness - One Heartache Too Late
  • James Carr - You've Got My Mind Messed Up .... 1960's R&B. Did it receive much or any  radio play? It should have. It's not posted in my head though as one that I've heard before. A hint of early Van Morrison in there.
  • The Mannish Boys - I Idolize You
  • Lightnin' Hopkins - L.A. Blues .... Classic old piano Blues!!
  • Professor Longhair - Big Chief .... I've missed out on so much great music over the years by not listening to The Blues. Trying to make up for that serious omission these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...