Monday, February 2, 2015

Always Time For A Good Story

In John Prine's case, every song tells a story!! John Prine is a master songwriter and storyteller!! And there's occasionally a healthy dose of wry humor in his lyrics.

This record was a chance taken long ago. Purchased because I noticed Jackson Browne listed in the credits as contributing backing vocals on one song. I was initially disapointed because I couldn't identify JB's voice in the background. (The voices of Glenn Frey and J.D. Souther are mixed in there as well.) Then I listened to the songs. Turned out to be a risk that was full of years of rewards. There's not a weak offering in his forty-plus year catalogue.

This album contains one of my alltime favorite song titles  ..... "Come Back To Us Barbara Lewis Hare Krishna Beauregard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...