Engaging in a little record store bin digging this afternoon. Found a seven-inch vinyl 45rpm of an obscure punk band, a R,E.M. tribute recording on compact disc and this .....
Mott the Hoople - 'All the Young Dudes.' From 1972 and on vinyl.
I was so focused on the singer/songwriters like Jackson Browne, Neil Young, Cat Stevens, etc., in those years that I never paid much attention to bands of the time. These days, I'll occasionally hear something that grabs my attention and think that I have some catching up to do. I'm only half a century behind.
David Bowie produced this and wrote the title song.
The 7-inch vinyl 45 that I unearthed. I know nothing about this record. Purchased because the cover photo caught my eye. I read that they were a garage rock / punk band. from 1995 on the 'Rip Off Records' label .... which caused me to smile. I'm a big fan of the existence of all these small independent record labels with interesting names.


No comments:
Post a Comment