Monday, August 24, 2026

Jean-Luc Ponty

Used bookstore find from earlier this evening. Always a thrill to stumble across surprise finds like this in person. 

French violinist, Jean-Luc Ponty Experience. His 1972 album, 'Open Strings' on what looks to me as mint condition vinyl. And a gatefold sleeve with liner notes inside.

I've never seen this one before out in the record bins. Early 1970's jazz fusion. Sounds I've been specifically looking to add to my collection lately.

I hear a little experimentation, a bit of minimalism, a little spacey here and there, some free jazz moments, plus a little frenzied violin. I can appreciate these sounds in my senior years. 

An album review from the All About Jazz website ..... All About Jazz

And with each glance at the album jacket, the more I'm loving the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vinyl Jazz Haul

Cleaned up on some classic jazz records today. Releases by mostly familiar names, but titles that I've never seen before. Alerted to the...