Friday, July 8, 2022

Looking Forward to Vacation Playlist

 Playlist for the eve before my last day at work for a week. That certainly calls for some special tunes. 

  • Antje Duvekot - Dandelion ..... Saw her perform this in concert at a small venue in Portland. "You could go blind in my light." Entirely possible I thought .... both then and now.
  • Barn Burning - Friendship Fails You .... Slow and mournful. Perfect background vocals provided by the late Robert Fisher of Willard Grant Conspiracy. 
  • Bettysoo - If You Fall
Sidenote: Just because the songs selected for this playlist may not all be joyful; it doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to these upcoming days off. 
  • The Batture Boys - Rabbit Hole Blues .... A decade or two ago, I went through a Subdudes phase. Tommy Malone from the Subdudes is part of The Batture Boys. A New Orleans take on Americana. 
  • Mandolin Orange - These Old Wheels
  • Mark Erelli - The Only Way .... My old friend, Suzie, once played this song for me. I think she knew that I'd get hooked on the first listen. 
Just changing up the vibe in this place and moment a little .....
  • The Outdoor Type - On My Mind
  • Pops Staples - The Lady's Letter
  • Ryan Adams - Everybody Knows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...