Sunday, July 31, 2022

It's Entirely Too Hot Playlist

A Sunday evening, hoping it's the end of the hot temps, wishing for some serious cooling, and just because I want to make a random playlist tonight, playlist.

  • The Jayhawks - This Forgotten Town
  • Peter Gabriel - Shock the Monkey
  • Brian Eno - By This River .... Something that needs immediate rectifying, the fact that I only have one Brian Eno album. 
  • Chris Whitley - Poison Girl .... I was warned recently to steer clear from a certain lady at work. That when she gets angry, she becomes "a poison snake and you'll get bit."
  • Jonatha Brooke - Linger
  • Harry Manx - Don't Forget to Miss Me
  • Tom Waits - Emotional Weather Report .... Many years ago, my college roommates put this on the turntable. It was my initial Tom Waits experience, and I was hooked.
  • Tom Waits - Nighthawk Postcards (From Easy Street) .... "Goodness gracious .... my bass player should be chained up somewhere."
  • Warren Zevon - Sentimental Hygiene .... An indication of it being way too hot for way too long: I'm wondering such things like, if Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner crossed paths with the gorilla in Gorilla You're a Desperado, would they steal a Studebaker in search of some Sentimental Hygiene? I think yes!
  • Anders Osborne - Coming Down
  • Anders Osborne & Luther Dickinson - Black Muddy River .... Not saying it's going to happen, but this seemed like a good one for getting ready for the end of the day and going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...