Monday, July 11, 2022

Beth Orton

'Sugaring Season' by Beth Orton.

It was waiting on my doorstep a couple days ago. 

A vinyl release from 2012 and on the Anti recording label. Singer/Songwriter.

Since I'm not an accomplished reviewer of music....

.... I've had this thing lately of compiling playlists that make little or no sense in regard to a theme or just a loose reason other than total abstract and bizarre randomness as to why I am playing them together, I actually had an idea of making a playlist of songs that after original exposure, I refused to listen any further, but these days, have had a change of heart and can now tolerate or even possibly enjoy. (And I want to want to find the Kraftwerk listed below, on vinyl to add to my collection but it seems to be a rarity.)

BUT I CAN ONLY THINK OF THREE SONGS!! 

 Not much of a playlist is it. 

  • The Box Tops - Cry Like a Baby .... Oldie from 1968.
  • Kraftwerk - Autobahn ..... Another oldie but not quite as old. From the mid 1970's. 
  • Zagar and Evans - In the Year 2525 ..... Also a late Sixties oldie. Try being a young teen, in the fields picking pole beans in August under a hot sun for three cents a pound and seemingly hearing this on the radio every fifteen minutes and just maybe you'll understand why I turned out the way I did.
Of course, this excludes holiday tunes. That would require much more space here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...