Friday, April 29, 2022

Playlist For Tonight

Just another, I don't want to go to work tomorrow morning, I'd rather stay up late into the night, listening to music, playlist.

  • The Jayhawks - Society Pages ..... I was in a record store a year or two ago and was asked if I was "a Jayhawks guy?" Well of course I am. Why wouldn't I be? 
  • James McMurtry - We Can't Make It Here
  • Rosanne Cash - Rules of Travel
  • The Wallflowers - One Headlight
  • Ben Harper - Diamonds On the Inside .... I became clued in to Ben Harper after he had been making music for several years. The result was a short, intense time of collecting all his recordings. 
It's funny what comes to mind when you are brainstorming musicians and bands that mostly you haven't listened to for a few years. There were periods where I was really into their sounds. Eventually, with many of these, the interest, while not vanishing, it does fade a little while one moves on to new discoveries and obsessions. But the sounds are always there, waiting to be heard again.
  • Jolene - New Canaan ..... Just a short little snippet of music that I wish had been expanded on. Maybe it has been and I'm just unaware but I've yet to find it. Listen to it .... there has to be more don't you think? How could those 22 seconds be it?
  • Calexico with Neko Case - Tapping On the Line
  • Jesse McReynolds - Standing On the Moon .... A Grateful Dead tune. I love the title. I saw Jesse McReynolds perform this on television a few years ago and thought his voice was perfect for the song. "Standing on the moon but I'd rather be with you ....."
  • Eric Kaz - Cruel Wind
  • The Stray Birds - Feathers and Bone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...