Saturday, April 9, 2022

Another Saturday Night Random Playlist

Random Playlist for a April Saturday night in Oregon. Because I'm nothing at all if I'm not Oregonian .... and random.
  • The Jayhawks - Society Pages .... Not sure if I'm crazy or not but I'm always hearing little bits and pieces in their music that brings to mind, The Beatles. 
  • Pete Yorn - Old Boy .... Had the thought while listening, Whenever my spirit  decides it's time to give up and move on to whatever is next, I hope I'm sitting here like I am now, listening to music. This song would be fine to be listening to as I fade away.
  • Paul Weller - You Do Something To Me .... Occasionally (rarely) you cross paths with someone who truly moves your soul.
  • The Church - Under the Milky Way .... In my mind, the end of the 1980's.
  • Robert Palmer - One Last Look .... "Take one last look at the love we're leaving behind."  In the last year or two, this song has become a desert island tune for me. 
  • Dionne Warwick - Walk On By / I Say a Little Prayer  .... Don't know how the previous tunes led me here but here I am. Swept up in waves of bittersweet and haunting nostalgia. 
  • The Bats - Rooftops 
  • Mothers of Invention - Directly From My Heart to You .... I'm only half a century tardy but I just picked up my first Mothers of Invention album last weekend.
  • The Bats - Free All the Monsters .... Returning for more Bats. Infectious sounds. 
  • Justin Hayward - Forever Autumn .... From 1978's, 'The War of the Worlds' recording narrated by Richard Burton.
  • Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds .... Since I played the Justin Hayward tune and referenced the entire recording, I might as well go and listen. Now experiencing flashbacks to the first time I heard this, over forty years ago, also late at night.
  • George Harrison - Looking For My Life .... I'm still stuck in the days of the iPod. I may just empty mine out and put this song on it and drive around along rural roads with the volume way up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...