Saturday, April 16, 2022

On The Radio

Sometimes you hear things for the first time on the old school radio station. Driving around town this afternoon I was introduced to: 'Sunbath' by Woody Shaw. Trumpet fueled and soulful. I read that it's from 1975. Woody Shaw - Sunbath

Prior to that, I heard a piano ballad tune called, 'Fix It' sung powerfully and beautifully by Lady Blackbird. Lady Blackbird - Fix It. The opening piano notes had me thinking of the classic song, 'Peace Piece' by Bill Evans but then she starts singing and not to lessen Bill Evans by one ounce, but WOW!! It's from an album titled, 'Black Acid Soul' and it's been ordered without any additional research or song sampling. This voice deserves to be coming through my speakers with the volume turned up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...