Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Sukay of the Andes

Having completed my browsing and upon taking my most recent vinyl haul to the cash register and the owner says: "Hey, there's one more box over here on the floor to look through."  Well that's not the sort of invitation that I've ever turned down.

Among nothing else note worthy, I suddenly found this!!

I fell in love with music from the Andes Mountains in South America, several years ago while wandering around the local summer art festival. The pipes, the groove, the beat, the fun!! It turns out though, that recordings were difficult to find locally. Until that is, when nearly a decade later, I just happen to stumble across this vinyl record in a aged cardboard box, on the floor, at the side of the cash register.  

I don't know if this is the same group that I saw that day at the art festival but it's the same type of music. And it's still lively and fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...