Saturday, February 26, 2022

Introspection IV


Introspection IV from 1960 on the Warner Brothers record label. On vinyl.

Just stumbled across this earlier today.

How to describe this? I'm just going to steal a sentence or two from the album sleeve: "A study in the weird wanderings of the mind. Relationship of outre tales to modern music ...."

Short stories with music. Listening to the tone of the spoken word narration, I was reminded of the original, Little Shop of Horrors movie, which also came from 1960. 

The sort of oddball recording that I love having in my collection. In fact, I found this in a bin marked, "Oddities." And according to the title, there's at least three more in the series to be found. Not sure that I want all of them but one certainly ups the coolness level of my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...