Saturday, February 19, 2022

Saturday Evening Playlist

A playlist of random Youtube videos that I'm watching and listening to tonight. No theme, not one genre. Probably makes little sense to anyone but somehow, one thing is leading me to another.

  • The Strawbs - I'll Carry On Beside You ..... From 1971 and the, 'From the Witchwood' album. 
  • New Order - True Faith
  • John Prine - Wedding Day in Funeralville .... From the, 'Common Sense' album which I purchased because I read that Jackson Browne sang backing vocals on a song or two. 
  • Velvet Underground -  Pale Blue Eyes
  • Yo La Tengo - Last Days of Disco
  • Willard Grant Conspiracy - Soft Hand .... I enjoy singing along to the "Who'll, Who'll" part.
  • Greg Brown  - Cold and Dark and Wet .... Or is it Wet and Cold and Dark?    
  • Loudon Wainright III - The Swimming Song
  • Uncle Tupelo - Moonshiner .... In case I haven't made my position on the subject clear, I'm on the Son Volt side of the breakup.
  • Jonatha Brooke - Because I Told You So .... Saw her play this live on a locally produced (Portland, OR) music video program, that aired late on Saturday nights. Like 1:30am. I thought I was the only person in the world watching it but talking to my boss one day about various subjects, I found that he used to watch this video program as regularly as I. This was the 1990's and I've loved this song since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...