Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sage Francis

Sage Francis - "Copper Gone" from 2014.

I guess it eventually had to happen ....Hip-hop. 

A few of my old friends will likely shake their heads and not understand.

You never know about new or different sounds and ideas (or anything for that matter) until you give those ideas a chance. Not that hip-hop is new to the world but it's new to me. I've just never paid much attention except for a few songs by Seattle's, Blue Scholars.

It was after someone on Twitter had posted a photo of the album cover and mentioned how the record had changed their life. So I went to Youtube and saw a thumbnail for the song, "Make Em Purr."  I listened. Then I listened three or four more times. I loved the haunting piano that plays behind the beats and vocals. I had trouble walking away. I was hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...