Saturday, June 22, 2024

GoGo Penguin

These days, I listen to GoGo Penguin as much if not more than any other group. Piano, acoustic bass and drums. Soaring musical ideas. 


I don't know what the Jazz snobs would think of them .... if they would think their music repetitive and simplistic. I think they are creative, innovative, melodic ..... Their music generates visual images of places I've never known.

A short playlist in case you feel the urge to check them out .... and LISTEN:
  • Raven .... I see a raven soaring through a dark sky approaching an incoming storm.
  • Wave Decay
  • You're Stronger Than You Think
  • Window
  • Everything Is Going to Be OK
  • Parasite
  • Ascent
  • Last Words .... I love this title for a song.
  • Saturnine
  • Kamaloka
I've discovered several other bands and new sounds because of their music. Mammal Hands, Portico Quartet, Robohands, Ghost Funk Orchestra, Phi-Psonics, Vega Trails .... all part of my searching for alternative jazz sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joseph Arthur Playlist

I was in a Borders Books & Music on a Saturday night in 1996 or 1997. I recall it being 9:30 in the evening. The local act playing there...