Friday, March 31, 2023

Thursday Afternoon Vinyl Finds

A few vinyl finds from a sudden Thursday afternoon trip to the record store. The result of a doctor visit where bad news was feared and where the opposite outcome happened. I was driving by the record store on my way home and thought: "Why not?" 

I spotted this Ella Fitzgerald - Duke Ellington record, the previous time I was in and had been regretting not taking it home. Thankfully, it was still there. I've been bitten by that bug more than once when I put off the purchase for another day.

Female jazz vocals and a great cover photo on near mint condition vinyl. Released in 1966, (I think), but recorded in the 1950's. 

In the past five years, I've come to appreciate and enjoy, big band jazz sounds. Flipping through the bins of used vinyl, I came across this Woody Herman Big Band offering. A moment later, I uncovered a J.J. Johnson - Kai Winding album .... as if it needed more trombone, (I'm not going to argue against it). there's three or four additional trombonists listed in the credits. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...