Friday, March 3, 2023

Playlist For a Friend

Friday night playlist for a friend .... imagining what I would play for her if she were here this evening. No hidden messages lurking in the titles, just songs that I enjoy and want to share. One that I'm even hearing tonight for the first time.

  • Dexys Midnight Runners - Tell Me When My Light Turns Green
  • Paul Weller - You Do Something to Me
  • The Style Council - You're the Best Thing .... Ok, I'm on a Paul Weller kick/mood tonight. 
  • The National - Rylan
  • David Lindley - Brother's Under the Bridge ..... I came home from work to discover that he passed away today. His contributions to Jackson Browne's records were a unique sound that helped define the importance and beauty that I found. His cover of this Bruce Springsteen song, heard in a Portland concert a few years back, was a powerful experience.
  • The Shins - New Slang
  • Toad the Wet Sprocket / Glen Phillips - Something's Always Wrong
  • The Church - Under the Milky Way ..... As I recall, the LP this tune is on was one of the last of my first vinyl collecting period. Switched to compact discs for a couple decades before finding my way back to vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...