Sunday, December 25, 2022

Saturday Vinyl Finds

I haven't listened yet other than a few snippets on YouTube but two finds from a brief stop at the record store. I'm considering it a Christmas gift to myself:

'From This Moment On" by Marian McPartland. From 1979 on the Concord Jazz label. A piano jazz trio recording. For many years, she had a jazz themed program on National Public Radio. Her name is mostly known to me through an old friend who played piano and was a huge fan.








'Bashin' by Jimmy Smith. From 1962 on Verve Records. 

Jimmy Smith is an organist. Side one of this recording is with a big band while side two is a trio setting.

A friend was telling me a few months ago that she had picked up a Jimmy Smith album and commented that a little jazz organ is needed in every collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...