Friday, December 23, 2022

Changing Earth

'Changing Earth' by Matthew Halsall.

An EP from 2022. Four songs of beautiful jazz trumpet. 

Discovering his 2011 album titled: 'On the Go' 2012's Fletcher Moss Park' is what initially fueled my search for other directions in jazz. His music isn't a radical shift, but it was enough to edge me to look for new voices. It all has resulted in finding artists like; Makaya McCraven, Jeff Parker and Ambrose Akinmusire ...... So far that is. I haven't stopped looking.

I'm hoping there's much more to discover.




The aforementioned, 'Fletcher Moss Park.'

Because the four song EP just wasn't enough. That's the eternal condition and complication with music you enjoy. Never getting enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...