Friday, December 9, 2022

Playlist

Listening to a 'Lost In Transmission' show from Folk Radio that I receive regularly. Picking out my favorite tunes. Most, if not all, of these songs and musicians are new names to me. Marking my favs with, ***
  • Frankie Cosmos - Floated In ***
  • Trembling Bells - Swallows of Carbeth
  • Tindersticks - Hey Lucinda
  • Jo Mango & Friends - Bitter Fruit ***
  • Ilaria Graziano & Francesco Forni - Crying ***
  • My Bubba - Charm *** .... I think I am well educated in recorded music .... but then I'm put in my place by discovering all this great music that an hour ago, I had no idea existed. 
  • Dawn Landes & Piers Faccini - Book of Dreams ..... Part of the lyrics are the three words: "Last page turning" I'm thinking that would be an even better song title.
  • Hiss Golden Messenger - Smoke Rings ***** .... Five stars because it's not only one that I've heard of, but also my favorite band these days.
  • Stanley Brinks and The Kaniks - This World .... Sounds like the Brit Folk I used to use a reel-to-reel machine to record from the radio programs and then transfer my favorites to cassette tapes. That was 25 -30 years ago. I still have those finished tapes in a box in the closet.
From the 'Temporary Resonant Radio Hour' program ......
  • Beth Orton - Whenever ***** ..... Have several Beth Orton records but not the one with this song. New song for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...