Monday, September 21, 2020

Steely Dan Playlist

I don't know why I'm doing this. Don't know why I'm torturing myself. Few things make me so achingly nostalgic. So sad for lost youth. But here goes. A Steely Dan playlist .....

Doctor Wu ..... These days, this is where Steely Dan's music starts for me.

My Old School ..... Might as well just get out the old yearbook and inflict nostalgic memories of what once was. Remembering the old faces and places as I listen.

Rikki Don't Lose That Number ..... This is the one that now says, high school to me. And I don't think it actually received radio play until I was out of high school.

Deacon Blues ..... I wasn't much of a fan initially. But the album, 'Aja' grabbed my attention. By then I had some getting acquainted to do.

Dirty Work

Throw Back the Little Ones

Kid Charlemagne ..... "And I'm never going back to my old school."  It is more difficult than I would have ever thought.

Hey Nineteen ..... "Please take me along when you slide on down."

Only A Fool Would Say That

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...