Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Mix-Tape For You, From A Life Of Listening

 If I could sit down and create s mix-tape tonight for you, wherever you are .....

  • Steely Dan - My Old School ..... More than anything else, their music causes flashbacks to high school.
  • Neil Young - Tell Me Why ..... I never tire of hearing this. You say, "Neil Young" and this is almost always the first song that comes to mind.
  • Son Volt - Back Into Your World
  • Bob Dylan - Precious Angel
  • Tom Rush - River Song ..... I have this memory from fifteen or twenty years ago, of sitting in my car in a parking lot, waiting for my Mom to arrive for a lunch date and this song playing on my ipod.
  • Mike Oldfield - Moonlight Shadow
  • The Eagles - Peaceful Easy Feeling ..... Always been the first song that comes to mind when FM-Radio is mentioned.
  • Gordon Lightfoot - Seven Island Suite ..... As goofy as it might sound, I used to visualize myself strumming along, adding an additional air acoustic guitar to the song.
  • Warren Zevon - Accidently Like a Martyr ..... "We made mad love, shadow love, random love and abandoned love, accidently like a martyr." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...