Thursday, September 17, 2020

49th Parallel

Neil Swainson Quintet - '49th Parallel'

A recent vinyl reissue of this 1989 album arriving at my front door. I'm really loving when that happens.

I love the packaging on this record. Gatefold sleeve with liner notes and an interview. Just the way that it all is presented ..... catches my eye.

Previously unknown Jazz sounds. Neil Swainson is a bass player. Original songs except for one Joe Henderson cover. And there's a bonus download track to be found in the packaging.

It's amazing how there's always something old, especially with Jazz, that's exciting and unique to discover. That's new to one's ears.

Trumpeter Woody Shaw's final studio recording.

I do wish that they had kept the original 1989 album cover for this reissue. I would have purchased that upon first sighting, no song samples needed .....












London Jazz News Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...