Wednesday, April 1, 2020

OPB Playlist

Stay at home order in effect and being followed. Time for another OPB Playlist ….
  • Marika Hackman - Blow
  • Phoebe Bridgers - Motion Sickness
  • Sam Phillips - Don't Do Anything ….. Love when an musician/band pops up on OPB's playlist who I can claim to be a longtime fan of.
  • Rilo Kiley - Portions For Foxes ..... It's looking a little like it's a female artist spotlight type of night. Not that there's anything wrong with that. 
  • Eyelids - The Minutes
  • Andrew Bird - Fallorun
  • Patti Smith - Dancing Barefoot ….. I should know this and am embarrassed to even ask here, even as I know no one will likely read this page but is this a cover version? Seems like I know this song by another musician. 
  • Sandy) Alex G - Hope
  • The Antlers - Hotel
  • Dirty Projectors - Overlord
  • Jose Gonzalez - This Is How We Walk on the Moon
A quick search and the discovery that 'Dancing Barefoot' is an early U2 song. No wonder it sounded so familiar. A B-side that appeared years later as a bonus track and one of the reasons that I loved the concept of bonus tracks on compact discs. But why didn't I just recognize it without the research? 
  • Jonathan Something - Unfortunately Blue
  • Lomelda - Interstate Vision
  • Sharon Van Etten - One Day
  • Alela Diane - Moves Us Blind ..... Nothing quite like being up at 2:00am, sipping orange juice,  listening to internet radio and discovering new sounds. I never know when to stop, always telling myself: "Just one more."
  • Black Belt Eagle Scout - My Heart Dreams *****
  • Y La Bamba - November ***** ..... Was thinking: Who does this tune remind me of? Oh Yeah, The Sundays!!
  • Houndstooth - No News From Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...