Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Just Another Late Night Online Radio Listening Playlist

  • Shearwater - The Snow Leopard
  • Dum Dum Girls - Too True To Be Good
  • Deerhunter - Plains
I can always count on being exposed to bands and music that are new to me. These late night listening sessions are quite possibly my main source of discovering new sounds these days. 
  • Summer Cannibals - Not Your Turn
  • Eyelids - The Accidental Falls
  • Spoon - Black Like Me ..... There's a few seconds of piano that remind me of Martha My Dear by The Beatles. Not sure if anyone else would hear it.
  • The Afghan Whigs - Algiers ..... One of those bands whose name I've seen around for years but have no idea what they sound like ..... until now that is. This has a slight early to mid 1980's, U2 feel to my ears. Further investigation required.
  • Wajatta - Don't Let Get You Down
  • The Raveonettes - Aly, Walk With Me
  • King Tuff - Keep On Movin'
Prior to this listening session, I was making up a online grocery list but quit in frustration as every pickup date for the next week was apparently taken. I guess they don't want my money. 
  • MAITA - Kid Anymore
  • Fontaines D.C. - Boys In The Better Land
  • Broken Social Scene - 7/4 (Shoreline) ..... Another familiar name and no previous idea of their sound. I think I saw a recording or two just this morning while looking at the Third Man Records page. Again, more investigation needed.
  • Bright Eyes - Persona Non Grata
  • Feist - I Feel It All ..... "I know more than I knew before." *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...