Saturday, April 11, 2020

Friday Night Playlist (For Elle)

Friday night, and a mostly 'singer/songwriters', playlist. Because what else is there to do when you're under a shelter-at-home suggestion/directive? …..
  • Eliza Gilkyson - Beauty Way
  • Gary Louris - True Blue ….. One of the voices, until leaving of The Jayhawks.
  • Ry Cooder - Straight Street
  • Gene Clark - On Her Own
  • Willard Grant Conspiracy - Good Morning Wadlow
  • John Prine - Come Back To Us Barbara Lewis Hare Krishna Beauregard …. From his 'Common Sense' album, which was my introduction to John Prine's music, which I purchased several centuries ago because Jackson Browne was singing background vocals on a song or two, totally unaware of what I was about to discover. R.I.P. John Prine.
  • Peter Himmelman - 245th Peace Song
  • Yonder Mountain String Band - Take A Chance On Me ..... Because I needed a bit of a mandolin fix at this moment in time.
  • Kathryn Claire - Never Be ..... "There was just me, There was just you."
  • Peter Gabriel - The Veil ….. I think this is a reason for album releases. Great song but for some reason when standing by itself as a single it tends to fade from memory over time when not part of a greater work that gets repeated listens.
  • The Gourds - Lower 48 ….. Because apparently I needed a little Zydeco vibe in my evening as well.
  • Pops Staples - The Lady's Letter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...