Saturday, November 24, 2018

The Weeds

Celebrated a holiday yesterday. No not Thanksgiving, that was the day before. Yesterday was Record Store Day, the black Friday edition. I didn't buy a special release for the occasion. I went through the list and nothing grabbed my interest. But I did buy a vinyl record. Picked up a record by a group called, The Weeds!!! They were also known as The Lollipop Shoppe. I prefer "The Weeds"

1960's psychedelic garage rock. (A couple of the songs were recorded in 1971 in Portland.)  A person needs some 60's music in their world.

For some reason, the sounds remind me of an episode of the old detective television show from the late 1960's, "Dragnet," where there were a bunch of tripped out, long haired hippies in a room, smoking plants of ill repute (allegedly) and listening to psychedelic 60's music with the volume cranked up, when Joe Friday and Bill Gannon came knocking on their door.

Maybe that's why they were called, The Weeds???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...