Monday, November 5, 2018

More Blood On The Tracks

Just released!!! Bob Dylan's - :More Blood, More Tracks" The latest in his Bootleg Series.

From my understanding the original recordings made in New York City of Dylan's great 1975, "Blood On The Tracks" album. He later reconsidered and made new recordings in Minneapolis that were used on the album.

This is mostly solo Dylan singing, playing his acoustic guitar and harmonica.

When Blood On The Tracks was released it became an instant favorite in my mind. I was a Freshman in college, lonely and away from home. The record and songs were a constant companion back then. Hearing these alternate versions of all the songs brings forth waves of visual memories from those days .... old friends, new friends, falling in love for the first time, having my heart torn apart. What else is there in life for an eighteen year old?

I had Dylan's Greatest Hits, Volume Two album (which I gave minimal attention to) prior to Blood On The Tracks but this is the record that made me a true fan.


I'm taken by a song from the 2016, Jesu & Sun Kil Moon album ..... "Last Night I Rocked the Room Like Elvis and Had Them Laughing Like Richard Pryor." ..... Yes that's the songs title.

Also from the album, the song, "Father's Day." 

I always get sucked in by Mark Kozelek's voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...