Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Flashing Back Playlist

Going back to the 70's. This might have been a typical playlist back then.
  • The Ozark Mountain Daredevils - You Know Like I Know
  • Rick Roberts - Jenny's Blues
  • Bad Company - Seagull ….. As I recall, the album this song was on was a Christmas present from my parents. I think I gave them a shopping list of four or five albums and they found each record. That said, I've discovered a time or two that my 40-50 year old record acquisition memories are not always accurate.
  • Steely Dan - Rikki Don't Lose That Number ….. Always causes me to think of Junior and Senior years in high school even though it was released just a few weeks before I graduated.
  • Splinter - Which Way Will I Get Home
  • John Stewart - Oldest Living Son ….. Maybe because I am a oldest son?
  • Gordon Lightfoot - Circle of Steel / The Watchman's Gone
  • Shawn Phillips - Steel Eyes ….. What has always come to mind and I don't know why is "cold." Something about this song just feels cold for me.
  • Bonnie Raitt - Your Sweet and Shiny Eyes
  • Steve Goodman - The Dutchman
  • John Prine - Come Back to Us Barbara Lewis Hare Krishna Beauregard …. I bought his "Common Sense" album because I read that Jackson Browne did background vocals on a song or two. Found out that I loved John Prine's music.
  • Country Joe McDonald - Tear Down the Walls ….. The guy that I identify as my album listening mentor used to play Country Joe's, "Fish Cheer" from the Woodstock album. Though the four letter word spelled out that day and beginning with F wasn't fish. A few years later, this was my Country Joe follow-up.
  • Kinky Friedman - When The Lord Closes the Door (He Opens a Little Window)  
  • Gregg Allman - Multi Colored Lady ….. Takes me right back to my Freshman year in college, The OSU campus (Oregon not Ohio State) and everything around me back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...