Sunday, November 4, 2018

November Radio Playlist

Saturday evening, late. Blazers, Ducks and Beavers games over. Falling back an hour tonight. Makes for additional time for music. OPB Music radio playlist …..
  • Frightened Rabbit - Scottish Winds
  • The Go! Team - Mayday ….. Horns that sound like they came from a Rocky movie and rally squad-like vocals.
  • Broken Bells - Vaporize
  • Garbage - Milk
  • J Mascis - See You At the Movies ….. It is a movie kind of night. 
  • Saintseneca - Ladder to the Sun
Autumn night in November. Raining earlier. Feels relatively warm and breezy outside. Leaves still falling from the trees. Wish I could bottle it all and save it for the chills of January and February.
  • Nik Freitas - What a Mess
  • Mimicking Birds - Another Time
  • Buck Meek - Ruby
  • The Clientele - Everyone You Meet
  • Cate Le Bon - I Can't Help You
Listening to these songs and remembering times spent listening to AM radio hits in my younger years. 1968 is the year that always stands out. Then the early 70's and making the jump to FM radio. I had seen the FM dial on my parents television/stereo system but there wasn't much there. Then a classmate told me about KINK-fm in Portland. I always think of The Eagles and "Peaceful Easy Feeling." Like possibly that's the first song I heard on fm radio.
  • Pete Krebs & the Gossamer Wings - Distant Lights of Home
  • Black Moth Super Rainbow - Windshield Smasher ….. If only I could collect unique names for groups and songs to go with all the other items that I collect.
  • Mitski - Nobody
Thinking about the past fifty years and the progression of music during that time. If I was sitting in this same place fifty years from now, what would I be listening to? And how would the hundred year old classics be thought of?
  • Wye Oak - If You Should See …… Saw this band on "CBS This Morning: Saturday" a few months ago.
  • Gary Numan - Metal ….. And then there's the music of the 1980's!!! 1979 actually.
  • Shame - One Rizla ….. This must be a OPB favorite. I've heard it a few times on these late evening musical excursions.
  • Spiritualized - Electricity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...