Sunday, November 11, 2018

Flashing Back Again

Back to the 70's again. Remembering my youth. Growing up with this stuff! My time! Feeling like I was part of it all. Life full of people and places! What a great sound it was back then!! Each song somehow leads me to the next.
  • America - Ventura Highway ..... With the wildfires going on in Southern California right now, I wonder if there will still be a Ventura Highway?
  • Jackson Browne - Take it Easy
  • Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze
  • Poco - Faith In the Families
  • Souther Hillman Furay Band - Fallin' In Love ..... Short lived super group. J.D. Souther, Chris Hillman and Richie Furay!! Each linked to so many other great groups, people and sounds.
  • Stephen Stills & Manassas - It Doesn't Matter ..... Chris Hillman was in Manassas.
  • Crosby, Stills & Nash - Cathedral
  • Brewer & Shipley - One Toke Over the Line
  • Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman ..... Actually from 1968 but has always been a favorite. Written by Jimmy Webb. On my ever-updating short list for greatest song ever written.
  • Steely Dan - Doctor Wu ..... I love the line: "You walked in and my life began again."
  • Craig Fuller and Eric Kaz - Feel That Way Again
  • Little Feat - Long Distance Love
  • Ry Cooder - Little Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...