Sunday, November 30, 2014

Random Playlist (Continued)

Sunday evening random playlist via my iPod. A much better activity than sitting here looking out the window keeping watch for the forecasted freezing rain to arrive and worrying if I'm going to be able to get to work in the morning blues.

  • The Traveling Wilburys - Wilbury Twist ..... One of the greatest supergroups!! Dylan, Petty, Harrison, Lynne & Orbison.
  • Elliott Smith - Between The Bars
  • Chris Whitley - Serve You ..... The cons (or is it a pro?) of having sizeable music collections. Discovering gems that have been in front of you for years but have gone unheard. Until now that is.  
  • Clifton Chenier - Ay-Te Te Fee .... Nothing like a little Cajun music to make you want to get up and start dancing. 
  • Bill Morrissey - Robert Johnson .... Singer/Songwriter/Storyteller.
  • Chris Knight - Bring The Harvest Home .... Some folks might call this Country Music. I'm calling it Americana.
  • Little Feat - Fat Man In the Bathtub ..... "Oh Juanita.....!" A demo version with just electric guitar and a drum. And Lowell George's voice of course. Sounding especially gritty.
  • The Strokes - Games
  • Dry Branch Fire Squad - Our Darlin's Gone
  • Peter Bruntnell - Lonesome Charlie
  • Jordan Zevon - Studebaker. One of those Desert Island Disc songs that I always come back to. The first time I heard it was on a tribute album for his father. I damn near cried. Warren Zevon never included it on his records. It's one of his best songs in my humble opinion.
  • Crosby, Stills & Nash - Got It Made .... Stephen Still's voice!!
  • Alex Woodard - Open Road ..... From a Relix Magazine music sampler disc included with each issue. Causes me to wonder how much great music is out there that I'll never hear?
  • John Prine - Quit Hollerin' At Me .... I didn't know it until it came on but this is the song that I needed to hear tonight. 
  • Sparklehorse - Painbirds
  • Mary Lou Lord - Cold Kilburn Rain .... Jangly guitar. A little bit of a Byrds feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...