Sunday, November 16, 2014

Random iPod Playlist

It's amazing what your iPod on shuffle play will conjure up at times. Like it can read your mind, mood and emotions of the moment.

  • The Posies - Love Letter Boxes
  • John Mellencamp - Troubled Land .... I first heard his music when he was known as Johnny Cougar.
  • Willie Dixon & Memphis Slim - Sittin' and Cryin' the Blues
  • John Hiatt - Dust Down a Country Road
  • The BoDeans - Nobody Loves Me
  • Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone (Live) ..... Where he supposedly switched from acoustic to electric for the first time and someone in the crowd yelled out: "judas!" And Dylan replied: "I don't belieeeeeve you ..... You're a liar." I wonder how many people he won over by the time he finished the song? Seems a given now that this tune has to be electric and loud!
  • Charley Patton - Screamin' & Hollerin' the Blues .... From an old and scratchy sounding vinyl. The way early Blues should sound. I don't think that I'd want to hear it with todays high tech recording equipment.
  • Dave Matthews Band - Stolen Away On 55th & 3rd
  • Jerry Garcia, David Grisman & Tony Rice - Guitar Space
  • Tony Joe White - A Place to Watch the Sun Go Down
  • Little Feat - Six Feet of Snow .... For an old lost friend. (R.I.P. Mitch) Lowell George era Little Feat. His favorite!!
  • Snow Patrol - Crack the Shutters
  • Bill Morrissey - Long Gone ..... There was a series of Singer/Songwriters that all seemed to come into my view about the same time. Gorka, Paul, Shindell, Kaplansky. Bill Morrissey might have had the most unique voice.
  • James McMurtry - Jaws of Life .... Maybe I'm the only one who thinks so but the beginning of this song starts playing and initially I'm thinking, "Lou Reed." Even after he begins singing. But it soon becomes obvious that it's James McMurtry. Not that that's a bad thing. (Nor would Lou Reed be a bad thing.)
  • Cyndi Lauper - When You Were Mine .... A friend once told me that he really enjoyed Cyndi Lauper's new album. I was a little shocked and awed at the time. I understand why now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...