Friday, June 12, 2020

May 1977 Late Night Jazz

Because I came across an empty cassette case that I had labeled: 'Steve Kuhn ..... Side One ..... album "Motility"  ..... And dated the recording to tape, 5-11-77. It was from a Portland, OR radio station late night broadcast program, called 'Light's Out.' Anyway, the tape is missing so this is what came up when I entered 'Steve Kuhn - Motility" in a youtube search.

There are several other items on this tape. It was just a younger me, recording from radio broadcasts of this program over several nights. There's some Chick Corea, 'The Hilltop', Keith Jarrett from his 'Facing You'  album. Also some Gary Burton from his 'Passengers' album, some title less John Abercrombie, plus music from a 'State of Siege' soundtrack .... and more.

Good chance that this was my introduction to Jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vinyl Jazz Haul

Cleaned up on some classic jazz records today. Releases by mostly familiar names, but titles that I've never seen before. Alerted to the...