Sunday, February 5, 2023

CD and Vinyl Finds

A few weekend finds. (I'm always looking.) Quite a few Blues recordings added to the cd section since the last time I looked. Compact discs and vinyl found ......

'Between Life & Death' from Studebaker John. From 2004. Slide guitar. There's never enough slide guitar in the world.














'Revelator' from Tedeschi Trucks Band. From 2011. I'm always a sucker for slide guitar. Southern-Rock, jamband tunes. A musical lineage stretching back to The Allman Brothers.















'Eye to Eye' from Ronnie Earl, Pinetop Perkins, Calvin Jones & Willie Smith. A 1996 recording. 

















'.... at Home' from Julie London. On vinyl from 1960. Torch singer. 

I remember her from the 1970's television show, 'Emergency.' It was years later when I discovered she was a jazz and pop vocalist in earlier days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...