Friday, November 25, 2022

Flashing Back Playlist

 Friday night, flashback playlist. Seems to be a common theme with me ....

  • Paul Davis - Cool Night ..... From 1981. Some things should not be forgotten. I was reading my Lefsitz Letter email about Paul Davis who had a string of radio hits in my younger days. 'Cool Night' was mentioned, reminding me of what a great song it is. 
  • The Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
  • Todd Rundgren - Hello It's Me ..... Todd's old classic hits cause so much nostalgia for me. All these bittersweet memories of youth. It's like they are still close but just barely out of reach.
  • Michael Martin Murphy - Wildfire ..... I thought that I'd never care to hear this song again, but here I am listening.
  • Gerry Rafferty - Right Down the Line ..... 'Baker Street' was huge, but I've always liked this one better.
This looks like it's turning into a 70's, soft rock playlist. I'll have to make up for that later. 😊
  • 10cc - I'm Not In Love ..... One of those songs heard repeatedly on the radio but it never became a favorite. Time though, brings appreciation.
  • Al Stewart - Time Passages .... My old friend, Scott, was a huge Al Stewart fan. I used to walk around the corner to his house to play basketball or compare baseball cards and often ended up hanging out with his older brother, Rod, who became my vinyl record collecting mentor.
  • Jefferson Starship - Miracles ..... I never purchased any Jefferson Airplane records back then. For some reason that I fail to recall, I walked into a record store one day and purchased the Starship's, 'Red Octopus' album. 
  • Crosby, Stills & Nash - Southern Cross .... As I recall, it had felt like an eternity between their last album and when 'CSN' came out in 1977. Sure, there was all the solo albums by each and the various duo pairings, Crosby & Nash, Still & Young Band, etc., but that just wasn't quite the same. This was the first song heard upon their return from what has turned out to be my favorite CSN .... and if you choose to include, Y, album. 
  • Steely Dan - Dirty Work

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...