Sunday, June 12, 2016

Never Too Late

New one just released a week or two ago from Tony Joe White. Love the deep voice. I've seen his sound described as "swamp rock."

Never too late ..... It took many years before I really heard his song "Polk Salad Annie" for the great tune that it was. I stumbled across the album the song is included on in an antique shop and though I really didn't know much about his music at the time, I was looking to bolster my vinyl record collection with classic 1960's and early 70's sounds. What a great find it turned out to be!! And now I'm a huge fan!!

When a musician has a forty-plus years career (or more) there's always a then and now comparison. More often than not, it seems that "then" prevails. For Tony Joe White though, both eras are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...