Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Evening Machines

Gregory Alan Isakov - 'Evening Machines' from 2018 on vinyl and the Dualtone label. Singer/Songwriter from Colorado, first heard live on a National Public Radio broadcast a few years ago. 

Turned out to be a great day to be tuned in or else I might have remained clueless through life.

I never see any of his recordings in record stores. I finally ordered a cd offering online a few months ago. Very excited upon its arrival which quickly soured upon discovery of Rickie Lee Jones, 'Flying Cowboys' inside the packaging. Nothing against RLJ but I already have Flying Cowboys on vinyl in my collection. After the passing of a month or so, I decided to take another chance on this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...