Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Alive On Arrival

I still remember a few things so clearly .....

The late 1970's ..... Punk and New-Wave had kicked in the door, demanded our attention and was dominating what was being heard. It seemed like music was rapidly and radically changing. Storytelling and singer/songwriters seemed to be in sudden decline.

Then this came out.

He reminded me of Bob Dylan. He played acoustic guitar, he played harmonica and was armed with great melodies and lyrics. Forty-some years later, I'm not sure if I came up with that Bob Dylam comparison on my own or if I read it somewhere. perhaps in Rolling Stone magazine? 

'Alive on Arrival' by Steve Forbert. From 1978 on vinyl and the Nemperor Record label.

Maybe my memories are skewed by the passing of years and decades, but I recall bringing home this and Dire Straits debut record, on the same day. If true, what a day that was!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...