Sunday, May 29, 2022

Swinging Ella

Saturday evening vinyl find enhancing my collection. Ella Fitzgerald Sings Sweet Songs for Swingers. Hopefully most people know who Ella Fitzgerald is but just in case, these are Jazz vocals.

A 1961 pressing of a record originally released in 1959, a mono version on the Verve Record label and the beautiful black vinyl, in near pristine shape. The store owner commented that I had just pulled off a great discovery. I was initially taken in by the cover photo. 

I was flipping through a random stack of albums on the counter of the record store, finding nothing special, when suddenly near the bottom of the stack, there was this!! Proving once again, that you never know what you might find. Had I come across this record two or three years ago, I'd likely flipped right on by. Fortunately, I've grown and advanced when it comes to music appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...