Thursday, May 5, 2022

Hiss Golden Messenger Playlist

One of my favorite bands these days is Hiss Golden Messenger. I don't recall where I was first exposed to M.C. Taylor's songs, It may have been a Relix Magazine music sampler disc, (There's a voice in my head telling me this), but I quickly became hooked. 

  • No Lord Is Free
  • My Wing
  • My Jenny of the Roses .... I once sent a video of this song to a lady named Jenny .... She replied that she doesn't like roses. Well, OK. 
  • Saturday's Song
  • Blue Country Mystic
  • Bright Direction (You're a Dark Star Now)
  • John the Gun .... I love how several of the songs fade and end in a few extended moments of instrumental interplay. 
  • I Need a Teacher
  • Gulfport You've Been on My Mind .... Causing me to recall some wild (for me), late-night online chats with CJ from Gulfport.
  • Jaw ...... I've only on my fifth or sixth replay of this song tonight, while tapping along on my computer mouse and dining table. I suppose there's worse things one could do with their middle finger.
Bonus Track:
  • Yo La Tengo - You Can Have It All

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...