Monday, October 22, 2018

Sunday Night Radio Playlist

  • Frank Turner - I Am Disappeared 
  • Gold Connections - Bad Intentions
  • Alex Lahey - I Love You Like a Brother
  • Haley Heynderickx - No Face
  • Craig Finn - I Was Doing Fine (Then a Few People Died)
  • Reptaliens - If You Want
  • Hurry Up - You Just Wait ….. Portland band.
  • Gaz Coombes - Walk the Walk …… There's a guitar riff (or maybe it's a bass) running through this song that reminds me of "Digging In the Dirt" by Peter Gabriel.
  • Kim Baxter - Intelligent Lovers
  • Sharon Van Etten - Comeback Kid
  • Strange Ranger - New Hair ….. How long did I wish for some new hair? Now it's way down on the wish list.
  • Eyelids - I Can't Be Told
  • Great Grandpa - Teen Challenge
  • Kurt Vile - One Trick Ponies
  • Yowler- Angel
  • Whiskeytown - Houses On the Hill ….. Ryan Adams group before going solo. Assuming that everyone knows Ryan Adams. Probably a wrong assumption. Great songwriter!!
  • Editors - Ocean of Night ….. I was kicking myself just yesterday while thinking of another song and being unable to remember this bands name.  
This OPB Music Stream ….. I don't think it's aimed at the sixty-two year old listener. But I find much of it to my liking. But then I think most people my age stopped paying much attention to current sounds after they turned thirty. Most forty, fifty and sixty-somethings are still stuck on the music of their youth. And it's like for them, all music stopped there. 

Or maybe it's just that in the last five years, I've developed an appreciation for genre's and sounds that I never would have given a chance previously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...