Monday, October 1, 2018

Return To List Making

Mourning the end of the weekend and tomorrows (im)pending doctor visit and return to work. Trying to heighten my attitude with the knowledge of five weeks of vacation still needing use this year and as of midnight, three months to use them.
  • Portishead - Machine Gun
  • Carl Broemel - Rain Check …. From the group, My Morning Jacket.
  • Cat Power - Woman …. Lana Del Rey contributing backing vocals.
  • Howard - Your Honor …. Bringing to mind several Howards that I know, knew or watched on television. Jake, Frank, Moe and Morrison.
  • The Helio Sequence - Stoic Resemblance …. A Portland band. Always interested in what's getting produced locally.
  • Your Smith - The Spot …. Singers voice bringing Sheryl Crow to mind.
  • Kevin Morby - Aboard My Train
  • Esme Patterson - Feel Right
  • Isabol Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Get Behind Me
  • Wreckless Eric - Gateway to Europe
  • Say Hi - I Just Want to Go Home - Seattle band. I have a song or two of theirs in my digital files collection. …. If that qualifies as a collectable item?
  • Hatchie - Sleep …. Reminding of a current need. It's 2:00am after all. Only crazy obsessed people listen to music on the radio and form playlists at this hour.
  • Death Songs - Ophelia …. Another Portland band. The song has a hint of Chile or Peru to my ears. 
  • Phantogram - Make a Fist
  • Neighbor Lady - Fine …. They say that when a woman says "fine" you should take it as things are actually not so fine.
  • Big Red Machine - Lyla
  • The Bell - On and On …. "All in all it breaks my heart, the way that you sound."
  • Mendoza Line - Aspect of An Old Maid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...