Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Jazz Playlist

  • John Coltrane Quartet - Central Park West ….. I came across the album, "Coltrane's Sound" one Saturday at a local flea market. I didn't realize at the time, the beauty I was about to hear. 
  • Chet Baker - Every Time We Say Goodbye
  • Bill Evans - Remembering the Rain ….. I recall hearing a few seconds of this song at the conclusion of an episode of the television sitcom, WKRP In Cincinnati. Had to get the recording after that.
  • Miles Davis - Concierto de Aranjuez ….. From the "Sketches of Spain" album.
  • Chick Corea - The Hilltop ….. I discovered this song via a video on VH-1 back in the days when MTV and VH-1 actually played music videos. Turned out that I already had the album. I love it when that happens.
  • Bill Frisell & Thomas Morgan - Small Town
  • Django Reinhardt - I'll See You In My Dreams
  • Oregon - Witchi-Tai-To ….. I first heard the Rachel Faro version of this song in the 1970's. (I think it was written by Jim Pepper.) Years later I discovered the Oregon cover version.
  • Oliver Nelson - Stolen Moments ….. Feels like the theme song to every movie from the 1960's that I've loved.
  • Billy Childs - One Fleeting Instant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leo Kottke

Leo Kottke - 12 String Blues: Live at the Scholar Coffeehouse. On the Oblivion Recording Company label. From 1969. Found today at my old rec...